- Winter Break Games December 7, 2011
As regular classes for the semester has closed, we need as many pep band members in town to come and perform at the basketball games. We do not assign games when there is no school, so we need you! Please check the pep band calendar and put a few of them in your book. These games are fun during the break and we receive 5 points for each game if you are trying to be competitive for the big east trip in March. Both Roy and Bryan will be doing these games. If you have specific questions, please ask these guys or Mr. Lindroth. Have a relaxing and fun winter break!
- Call Time/Bus Time Clarification November 15, 2011
The times listed on the website for Pep Band games (either in the left sidebar of the website or on the Calendar) are the CALL TIMES as listed in the syllabus. This is the time you must report if you are driving yourself or if the game is on campus. These are taken directly from the syllabus. It is 45 minutes prior to tip-off.
The bus times are explained here.
- Pep Band Busses November 7, 2011
The bus for all Pep Band games will be leaving Fowler Fields for each game. These are the following times:
Weekdays: 2 hours before tip off (tip off is 7pm, then bus will leave Fowler Field 5pm)
Weekends: 1 1/2 hours before tip off
As of this writing, if you drive to the game site, you are on your own for parking.
We have not heard anything about any kind of student parking at any games.
- Pep Band Fall Assignments November 4, 2011
Fall Game Assignments are now available for the Fall.
Please download the document and take note. If you cannot make a game, you are responsible for securing a sub.
- Info Sheets and Polo Shirts November 2, 2011
All pep band information sheets are due to Mr. Lindroth in person or via email no later than Thursday Nov. 3.
Pep band shirts will be signed out starting Nov. 2 at 8:30pm after HOt rehearsal at Fowler Field.
Other times for getting shirts will be Monday Nov. 7 and Nov 9th at 8:30 pm after Hot rehearsals at Fowler Field.
Assignments for Nov and Dec games will be posted by this weekend on the HOT website.
- Parking at USF (Pep Band) October 31, 2011
Some of you have asked about parking at USF for when you take the bus. Jason and Dr. McCutchen can not help with this since it is out of their hands. Here are the best tips we can give you.
If you do not have a USF parking permit and you park in a parking lot on campus any time of day (including weekends) you are subject to a ticket.
Below is directly from the Parking and Transportation website.
Parking permits are required to park at the University of South Florida, Tampa Campus, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Permit types are used to designate parking locations on campus. Parking lots are designated as Gold Zone Staff (GZ), Staff (E), Resident Student (R), Non-Resident Student (S), Park-n-Ride (Y), Affiliate Parking (W and WB), Patients, or D/daily Visitor.
Tips to avoid parking problems
- Permits are valid only in non-designated, unrestricted spaces.
- Affix the repositionable permit to the inside lower-left, driver’s side of the windshield.
- Drivers of convertibles or other soft-top or open vehicles may purchase an adhesive decal instead of a repositionable permit. These must be purchased in person, with proof of registration.
- As the permit owner you are responsible for any citations issued to your permit. Destroy your expired permit by cutting off the serial number before disposing to prevent possible tampering or fraudulent alteration.
- Never change dates, copy, or otherwise alter your permit. Fraudulent use (including usage of lost or stolen permits) is a serious offense, and carries penalties of immobilization and fines in excess of $200.
- Always purchase your permits from Parking Services. Permits acquired from third parties are likely forgeries or have been reported lost. See the previous item.
- If leaving USF, turn in your permit to Parking Services; you may be entitled to a pro-rated refund.
- DO pay meters during restricted hours (7am-5:30pm) with or without a permit.
- Meter payment not required after hours WITH a permit. Payment is required 24/7 WITHOUT a permit.
- Restricted hours for Y (Park-n-Ride) permits are 7am-9:00pm.
- Reserved spaces and resident lots are restricted 24/7.
- Pep Band Signups - Due Nov 3rd October 31, 2011
Students who have not turned in their Pep Band Information Sheet MUST do so before Thursday November 3rd. Assignments for games through December will go out on Friday.
If you need to turn in your sheet, you may e-mail Mr. Lindroth with the following information:
Any questions should be directed to Mr. Lindroth.
- Phone Number
- U Number
- How many years you have completed Pep Band
- Pep Band Calendar October 20, 2011
All dates for Pep Band have been added to the HOT Calendar and can be found on the Current Season page.
- We've Moved! October 19, 2011
Our website transition is now complete!
Over the coming weeks, http://band.arts.usf.edu will be transitioned for use by the School of Music.
Our URL is now http://herdofthunder.usf.edu Please update your bookmarks!
- Pep Band Syllabus October 19, 2011
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Lindroth.