Some of you have asked about parking at USF for when you take the bus. Jason and Dr. McCutchen can not help with this since it is out of their hands. Here are the best tips we can give you.
If you do not have a USF parking permit and you park in a parking lot on campus any time of day (including weekends) you are subject to a ticket.
Below is directly from the Parking and Transportation website.
Parking permits are required to park at the University of South Florida, Tampa Campus, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Permit types are used to designate parking locations on campus. Parking lots are designated as Gold Zone Staff (GZ), Staff (E), Resident Student (R), Non-Resident Student (S), Park-n-Ride (Y), Affiliate Parking (W and WB), Patients, or D/daily Visitor.
Tips to avoid parking problems
- Permits are valid only in non-designated, unrestricted spaces.
- Affix the repositionable permit to the inside lower-left, driver’s side of the windshield.
- Drivers of convertibles or other soft-top or open vehicles may purchase an adhesive decal instead of a repositionable permit. These must be purchased in person, with proof of registration.
- As the permit owner you are responsible for any citations issued to your permit. Destroy your expired permit by cutting off the serial number before disposing to prevent possible tampering or fraudulent alteration.
- Never change dates, copy, or otherwise alter your permit. Fraudulent use (including usage of lost or stolen permits) is a serious offense, and carries penalties of immobilization and fines in excess of $200.
- Always purchase your permits from Parking Services. Permits acquired from third parties are likely forgeries or have been reported lost. See the previous item.
- If leaving USF, turn in your permit to Parking Services; you may be entitled to a pro-rated refund.
- DO pay meters during restricted hours (7am-5:30pm) with or without a permit.
- Meter payment not required after hours WITH a permit. Payment is required 24/7 WITHOUT a permit.
- Restricted hours for Y (Park-n-Ride) permits are 7am-9:00pm.
- Reserved spaces and resident lots are restricted 24/7.